Conversations on CraftApril 16, 2015, 7:00 PMVollum Building, painting/drawing studioPublic Forum
CONVERSATIONS ON CRAFT is a forum addressing the skill and art of creativity. Focused on a making space, the intention is to incite discourse and exercise motivations, aspirations, even prejudices that surround Contemporary Craft, particularly Craft’s persistent presence in a contemporary culture suspicious of labored beauty and material literacy.A public forum, with speakers including:
- Howard Risatti (Moderator) – Emeritus Professor of Contemporary Art and Critical Theory , Department of Art History, Virgina Commonwealth University
- Don Crow – Instructor in Residence OCAC MFA in Craft
- Anna Gray and Ryan Wilson Paulsen – Ford Family Foundation sponsored Golden Spot Artist in Residence at OCAC, Adjunct Instructors at Portland State University
- Jeffry Mitchell – Collins sponsored Artist in Residence at OCAC
- Ben Buswell – Ford Family Foundation sponsored Golden Spot Artist in Residence at OCAC, Instructor in Visual Arts at Portland Community College
This public forum is part of OCAC’s Speaker Series, Connection: Intersecting Tradition and Innovation, brings guest makers and thinkers to Portland to engage in a conversation about Craft and its role in the current practice of art and design.