Boomerontario and Occutoantonio have both honored the Oregon College of Art and Craft Library blog by nominating it for the Versatile Blogger award. THANK YOU both so much! It’s really great to know that people are enjoying the blog and (hopefully) are finding the posts interesting and informative! Thanks again.
These are the rules for the Versatile Blog Awards:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
- Share 7 random things about yourself.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blog Award picture on your blog post.
So here goes. Here are the 15 blogs we’ve elected to nominate (this wasn’t easy!):
- Heather Whitley Gibson
- Kat Johnston
- Barb Drummond
Here are seven random things about us:
- The OCAC library houses approximately 11,000 items (and counting)
- While being an academic library (specializing in art related materials), we are also a member library of the Washington County Cooperative Library service (WCCLS), a public library network with 17 participating members.
- The library currently lives in a daylight basement of what used to be a single-family residence, but the College is planning to build a new library sometime in the next few years.
- According to annual students surveys, the library routinely ranks #1 among all of the College’s Student Services (with the exception of last year – we lost out to “Tri Met” passes, which students purchase to use Portland’s public transportation).
- There are only two professional librarians on staff.
- Approximately 20% of our collection has been donated to the library by generous members of the community.
- We do not believe in overdue fines or shushing!